Thursday, June 17, 2010

Roan Mtn State Park/ Rhododendron Garden




Today I had planned on going to Gatlinburg but realized it was a 2 hour drive and I was already behind schedule. So I drove to the Roan Mtn State Park and then the Rhododendron Garden. The garden is just off the Apalachian Trail and well worth the drive. I was not sure what they looked like, so it was all a very pleasant surpise. Naturally, I did not do any research and was not prepared for the cold weather. It was 59, windy and foggy. But even the weather could not deter me from walking the garden. It is just awsome. My pictures do not do it justice but here are a few.

On the way back I stopped at a little cafe and had lunch. Had the best lunch in a long time. Hat off to the chef!!!

Tomorrow I'm going to drive to Cades Cove near Gatlinburg. Everyone says that Gatlinburg is just a tourist town with to much traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment