Friday, May 21, 2010

50,000 miles


Wednesday I hit 50,000 miles on my truck. Unfortunately not all of it was traveling. Tomorrow I actually start my 2010 wanderings. I'm headed to Slidell, LA for a week. It is near New Orleans so I will go over and visit there and hope to get to Baton Rouge. I'm staying at the Elks Lodge there. All sites are back ins, so it will be interesting getting set up. Hope there is someone there to guide me in.

Yesterday Wendell, the park owner, put in a new window frame on my door. The other one had turned yellow and was distracting from my stained glass window. It looks so much better now. It was quite a job. You would think they could manufacture one that will not turn color.

Today is set for getting all ready to leave. I have mixed feelings about leaving. When you live someplace for a while you make friends and get very comfortable. I have made some very good friends here and will miss them. But I'm eager to leave too.


No comments:

Post a Comment