Friday, July 9, 2010

Jay's Funeral

Jay's funeral was yesterday. It was a very nice funeral and there were a lot of people there. He had a lot of friends. He retired from the Army after serving one tour in Korea and two terms in Viet Nam. They had a military funeral the it was very touching. They actually played TAPS live and not a recording. There was an 80% chance of rain yesterday, but we did not get any. It was cloudy and cool.

My sister is doing as good as can be expected. She still has company, but they leave tomorrow. We plan on going down to Texas to visit our brother, Dan, for a few days Monday.

I'm going to a lab this morning to get things set for some lab work and then I need my eyes checked. My right lens is blurry - lens or eye? I think it is my eye. It is nice to be in one place for a while to get this sort of stuff done. I don't like the circumstances but it is nice.

Billie doesn't like it as I have been gone all day since we got here. He is scolding me then ignores me for a while. Cats!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment