Sunday, August 9, 2009

Old Forge PA


I left Richmond and spent a night in Mogadore, Ohio at Countryside Campground. The park was nice but I had some trouble getting  parked.  I had to have help from the people in the next camp.  There were 3 women there and they helped me.  After I set up I went over and visited with them for a while.  They were from different parts of the country there for a week.

I left the next day and headed to Clearfield, PA.  I was going to spend the night in the Elks Club parking lot, but got there about 12 and decided to see how much longer it would be to get to my next stop.  It was only going to be another 3 hours, so I went ahead and went across PA.  I got to the RV park and was given a "pull thru".  It was uphill and not level.  I did get set up, again with help from fellow campers.  The front of the trailer was about a foot off the ground, if that, and I had to stack rocks for the jacks in the back.  Nothing was level.  

The next day Rita came to get me and they were going to charge her $5 to come in and visit! So I walked out to meet her.  I had them just drop me off at a different gate.  I was not very happy about that, I have not had a park charge just for a visitor.

The next day we went to New York City.   We tried to see Jersey Boys but it was sold out so we saw Mama Mia.  It was good.  We walked and walked, I saw Rockefeller Square, Central Park, had lunch at the Carnegie Deli - very expensive.  But dinner made up for it.  It was very good. 

 I don't know why anyone would want to live there. It is crowded, dirty and it smells.   Give me open country anytime!

The next day I had a talk with the owner and we got everything settled.  She let me move to a better spot.  I had to take my rig over to another town to have my refrigerator repaired and when I got back I was able to park in my new spot and now I am level and happier.

Rita took me to the Lacawanna Coal Mine Tour.   See picture,( wish I knew how to add a slideshow). It is quite an experience.  You go down 250 ft below in a coal car.  It was a very hard way to make a living.  Then we went to lunch and for a drive in the Pocono's.  It is really beautiful there.  We thought be had time to see some falls, but got there to late.

Saturday,  Rita's family had a reunion and I met her cousins, etc.  It must be nice to have family so close.  Mine is scattered across the western states.

Sunday we were to drive to the Amish country but it was raining so we went shopping and to the movies.  We saw Julie & Julia and then Hangover.  Hangover is soooo funny.

Monday we went to Jim Thorpe, PA in the Poconos.  It is such a cute town, with a lot of history.  Naturally we spent a lot of time on lunch and missed out on the butterfly exhibit.  We did see the old Jail and took the tour.  very interesting.

Tuesday I pulled out and was on my way to Niagara Falls, NY.


No comments:

Post a Comment