Monday, August 17, 2009

Woodstock, Ct

Made it to Woodstock.  It was quite a trip!  I paid $50.00 in tolls on Hwy 90.  But, I don't pay a state income tax, so this is my contribution to use their roads.

I am staying at my sister-in-laws brothers home.  It is really beautiful here and he is very nice and hospitable.  The only problem is the heat and humidity.  

I am going to go sightseeing tomorrow as I am just happy to be somewhere for a few weeks.  I think I will take day trips to the various surrounding states. Well, I went to Worcester, Ma to see 2 museums.  Naturally 1 was closed so, I went to the other one and it was open.  The Higgens Armory Museum is worth the time to see.  It is a collection of suits of armor and the weapons used during that time period.

Took a drive to RI and stopped  at Wickford.  It is a cute town on east side and went shopping.  Looked at several antique shops.  Found a pair of silver tee pee salt and pepper shakers supposedly made by a Navaho.  Passed on buying them as I bought 2 match safes the day before.  

Planning a trip to Maine, NH and VT  I thought it would take 2 days, but have found that it will take me 3-4 days.  I'm taking Billie with me and if that does not work out I will just come back early.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment