Sunday, August 30, 2009

Northeast Trip




Well, I'm back from my 4 day trip thru the northeast.  I did not give myself enough time to see everything I wanted.  Will definetly have to come back.

The first day I made it to Portland, Maine.  I took Billie with me and had to find motels that accept pets.  I know that Best Western does and found one in Portland.  The next day I traveled up the coast and found the Ogunquit Museum of American Art.  What a find!  It was wonderful.  Then on to see some light houses.  Billie did not enjoy getting out of the truck and wanted to get to safety.

About noon I started west across Maine and spent the night in Bethal, Maine.  It is a very sweet town and in a beautiful area.  I called the chamber and they directed me to the Chapman Inn.  It is supposed to be haunted and with a cat!  No wonder Billie spent his time under the bed.

Then across New Hampshire and on to Vermont.  I ended up in Burlington VT at, you guessed it, the Best Western Motel.  Thursday I was going to go the a museum but when I got in the truck it said to check my right rear tire.  It was very low.  I tried putting air in it to no avail.  I found a Chevy dealer and had them check the tire and change the oil, etc.  4 hours and $600. later I was on my way back to Woodstock, Ct.

Today I am getting all ready to leave tomorrow and I am heading to Kutztown, PA.  The RV park is close enough to New York and Philadelphia that I can see all that I missed on this round.


No comments:

Post a Comment