Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fire/weather

The Monument Fire is now 81% contained. It took about 50 homes and several businesses. The local communities have been wonderful and have pulled together to help their neighbors that have been evacuated and those that lost their homes. The weather was not a help. Winds up to 75 mph. It looks like the fire in NM has the same problem, wind and terrain.

This has been a year of bad weather, snowstormes, floods, tornadoes, fires. this has probably happened in the past but this is now and it is overwhelming.

It is sooo hot this past week. Over 100 but there is an end in site. Rain over the 4th!! We can only hope. It would be nice to have a comfortable day to do yard work. I have several projects outside, but it is just to hot or to windy. Everyone here says this is very unusual weather.

I went on a job interview Friday at an insurance agency. It is part time but I think I would like it. He is interviewing for the next few weeks so it will be a while before I find out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment