Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shenandoah National Park







I decided to take a drive to see more of the state.  Yeh, right, just more trees!  Then I drove into Shenandoah Nat'l Park.  WOW!!  It is so beautiful.  I highly recommend it.  I saw dear and bears.  I could not get pictures of the bears as they were on the move and a little to deep in the woods, but WOW!  My first bear sighting. 

 I was driving in Shenandoah and listening to bluegrass, thought it could not get any better than this.  then----

I stopped at a comfort station and got something to eat and bought a cd of sounds of the park with music.  very peaceful.  I put in the cd and drove the rest of the way out of the park.

I drove that way to see how high the mountains were.  I believe the highest point was 3450.  For those of you in the west these are hills.


No comments:

Post a Comment