Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sunshine & Sqirrels


The sun is finally shining. However, more rain is on the way. This rain is very depressing to me. I like sun and warm weather. Next winter in Tucson!!!

I put out bird food but found all I'm attracting is squirrels. they are very resourcefull.

I've taken up knitting and am having fun learning new things. I started a baby sweater that is beyond my knowledge and have been going to the yarn shop for sit & knit sessions. The ladies that go have inspired me to learn more. One lady is knitting socks for her husband. I don't know if I will go that far. I did a scarf and now have started a hat. Lots of web-sights with free patterns and how to pages.

The ladies at the park have started a Wed am coffee and ??? A few have expressed interest in loom beading. So I told them I could show them how. Lane found kits that have everything we need. I also found the bracelet blanks that I have been looking for. I decided that everyone is getting hand made Christmas gifts. This should keep me busy and out of trouble.

It is Mardi Gras season here. Even Walmart has beads, masks, etc for sale. It is a much bigger deal than I thought. Parades and balls galore!

My water pump needs to be replaced and I need new thermostats on my water heater. I think I have a mouse too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment