Friday, January 15, 2010

Brrrrrr

It has been very cold here at night. In the teens for about 10 days. Coldest it has been in 20 years. Naturally it has to be the year I'm here. I keep looking at the temp in Tucson and get very jealous. But, it is warming up now and should be in the 60's.

My hot water tank was acting up and I replaced the pressure valve but that turned out not to be the problem. I called a repair man and he found that the thermostat was not properly installed. It took him 5 min to fix. But with the cold weather I have been using my holding tank and the pump was making a strange noise. He checked it out and I need a new one. We are waiting for the insurance company to ok it. Either way I need a new one.

I also found mouse dropings and have put a mouse trap in the basement. Hope it catches it. I think they are after the bird food. I need to get a plastic container for it. Birds finally found the feeder. If only the squirrels hadn't. They are eating the seeds faster than I can fill them.

I started a new project. I stopped at a yarn shop and there was the cutest baby sweater. I bought the kit and got home and discovered that I had bitten off more than I can chew. I went back to the store and they are walking me thru it. It is easier than I thought, I just had trouble reading the pattern. I am at another stopping spot and plan on going back to the store Monday. They have a great program on Thursdays it is Snowbird Tea and knitting. I've met some very nice ladies and am inspired for future projects. I think I will knit everyone a Christmas present. There are some easy projects, scasrfs, hats and half gloves. Might even try socks!!!

We started a ladies morning craft time at the park. Hopefully there will be more than just the 2 of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment