Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Marathon, Tx

Yesterday I spent the day getting familiar with the area. I went to a few galleries and then the Big Bend Museum. It is located at the university and they do a very good job. It shows the history of the area from before the spaniards got here. Very interesting and presented very well. I really enjoyed it.

Then I decided to drive to Marathon, it is 30 miles away and is a small village. It reminded me of Las Cruces when I was a child. A sleepy little village with cafe's and several art galleries. I enjoyed the drive over too. The area is a lot like southern NM and AZ. I could see for miles!!!

Tomorrow I have an appointment to have my truck looked at. It has not been the same since the last oil change.

Thursday is Big Bend Park day. I'm looking forward to it. I might book a raft trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment