Thursday, December 24, 2009

Aunt Judy

My Aunt Judy passed away last Sunday. She was back in the hospita with an infection that they thought would be ok. She took a turn for the worst Sunday am. The funera was set for yesterday and I looked for reasonable airline tickets. Reasonable being the operative word. From Pensacola airport it would have been $3000. one way to Oklahoma City. Whoever sets those fares should be in jail. That is just highway robbery. I feel very sad that I could not be at her funeral. She was a very important person in my life. I just checked the weather and a blizzard is on its way to OK. Might be a good thing that I could not be there.

I spent a summer with her and Uncle Everett when I was a teen ager. That is a summer that I will never forget. They wanted me to come live with them, but I missed my family to much.

Maybe it is the rain, but I feel melencholy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment